From: Douglas Gregor (doug.gregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-25 09:01:01

On May 24, 2007, at 5:34 PM, Scott Ribe wrote:
> In addition to figuring out the straight substitution of one
> library for the
> other, I have to cope with the modifications I've made to Functor:
>
> - they can be "null" in the sense of not being bound to a function
> call and
> throwing an exception if called (so that they can be embedded in a
> class and
> assigned a value later)

boost::function does this already. The exception is called
bad_function_call.

> - there are initialization forms, and corresponding macros, that
> record the
> file & line where a functor is created, and log invocations
>
> - they can wrap method calls to Objective-C objects

We don't have the latter two in boost::function.

I expect you'll find that Loki::Functor and boost::function are very,
very similar, given that we were both basing our interfaces on the
same trivial principle: function objects.

        - Doug