From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-06 02:09:37

Terry G wrote:
> Does date_time support POSIX timespec?

Nope.

> I assume that timespec is standard POSIX. Is it not?
> If so, is it supported now, or how should it be supported.
> I'd be willing to help.

I guess the question is, what do you mean by 'supported'. Date time uses
timeval (that's 'val' not 'spec') under the hood on posix platforms to
implement microsecond_clock, but doesn't directly expose timeval in the
interface. The higher resolution interfaces supported by timespec seem to
NOT be implemented many places. So really, I can't see what timespec brings
for people trying to write portable code. So, what did you have in mind for
'support'?

Jeff