From: Terry G (tjgolubi_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-06-07 00:53:20

Jeff wrote:
> So really, I can't see what timespec brings
> for people trying to write portable code. So, what did you have in mind
> for
> 'support'?

I was looking at IEEE Std 1003.1 2004 Edition, int clock_gettime(clockid_t,
struct timespec*);
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/
These are real-time extensions to POSIX, I gather.
timespec seemed "standard" enough to have an easy conversion to ptime.
Something like time_from_ftime(const FILETIME&);
time_from_timespec<T>(const timespec&) perhaps.
This would be "portable" for systems using real-time POSIX.

I'm a date_time newbie, so perhaps I'm missing something fundamental.
date_time is huge! I had no idea.

terry