From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-09-27 14:45:58

Ovanes Markarian wrote:
> Eric,
> I changed the files. Should I zip them and post via mailinglist? Or
> should I submit them somewhere else?
>
> List of files which were changed:
>
> detail/core/linker.hpp
> detail/core/matcher/alternate_matcher.hpp
> detail/static/productions/alt_compilers.hpp
> detail/utility/any.hpp
> detail/utility/cons.hpp
> proto/op_base.hpp
> proto/proto_fwd.hpp
> xpressive.hpp
>
> One problem is that xpressive.hpp has info about boost version, but this
> is the mostly used file for inclusion. Therefore I believe this check
> fill fail even in boost 1.35:
>
> #if BOOST_VERSION >= 103500
> # ifndef BOOST_XPRESSIVE_FUSION_V2
> # define BOOST_XPRESSIVE_FUSION_V2
> # endif //BOOST_XPRESSIVE_FUSION_V2
> #endif //BOOST_VERSION
>
> I also executed your examples from the boost/lib directory and they
> produced in both cases same results. Your answer today is highly
> appreciated, since I will be on vacation from tomorrow on.

Hi Ovanes. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I've been at the
Astoria Seminar all week, and not checking email. I'm glad you've
managed to get this working.

The version of xpressive in SVN is very different than the version you
have. Many of the files you've patched don't even exist anymore! I could
apply to the patch to the old RC_1_34_0 branch and put an updated
xpressive.zip in the File Vault, but the next version of Boost would not
reflect your fixes. I think that's OK because the next version of Boost
will have Fusion-2 and won't need your patch. If that's ok with you,
then go ahead and send me the patch (as a SVN patch file against the
RC_1_34_0 branch, if possible), and I'll apply it.

Thanks,

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting