From: Niels Dekker - mail address until 2008-12-31 (nd_mail_address_valid_until_2008-12-31_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-05-15 14:30:21

Doug Gregor wrote:
> Several of us are working on a
> CMake-based build system that will use Bitten for its regression-test
> reporting. For the curious, there's information on the Boost Trac (and
> a link to the newly-created mailing list) on this project here:
>
> http://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/CMake
>
> We don't know what Boost will do with the result of this work, and
> we're not going to guess. What we do know is that we plan to use
> CMake's ability to build binary installers to try to simplify the
> distribution of Boost for the major platforms (Windows, Mac). For most
> end users, the best build system is no build system :)

I'm very excited about Boost's CMake based build system. So thanks very
much! At my work (www.lkeb.nl) we already use several third party
libraries that are built by CMake, including Kitware's ITK and VTK, and
DCMTK by Offis. We're now planning to start using CMake for our own
in-house developed libraries as well.

Would the current Boost CMake branch (svn/boost/branches/CMake/release)
build exactly the same binaries as when running bjam.exe on
boost_1_35_0.zip (as downloaded from www.boost.org)? Or could there
possibly be some version differences between the two?

Kind regards,

--
Niels Dekker
http://www.xs4all.nl/~nd/dekkerware