From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-06-27 13:03:01

Sebastian Weber wrote:
> I'm just starting to use the accumulators package. Cool library btw! I
> was just wondering if there is some sort of serialization available for
> the accumulators package. I guess it is for sure possible to somehow
> serialize the accumulator_set or their corresponding set of extractor
> objects such that all defined statistics end up being serialized. Is
> there something available or planned like this? Thanks in advance!

Hi Sebastian,

There is currently no serialization support in Boost.Accumulators, but
it would certainly be a useful addition. There are a number of people in
industry who have a vested interest in Boost.Accumulators, and after you
sent your message they contacted me about possibly adding serialization
support at some point in the future. So consider it on the ToDo list. I
can't give you an ETA, so if you need something in the short term, I'm
afraid you'll have to roll your own solution. If you go that route,
you'll need to make each individual accumulator serializable and use the
accumulator_set's visitation interface to serialize each accumulator in
the set.

HTH,

--
Eric Niebler