From: console shark (consolejoker_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-06 20:03:38

I just downloaded boost 1.35 and built the standard config. I have a collection of files in the /lib output folder that all end in .dylib. I am specifically interested in the python boost library, which is there as well.

However the project that I am using that requires this library is expecting a file that ends with a .so extension.

Being new to unix/mac I am assuming these are the equivalent differences between a .dll and .lib file on Windows?

In any case how do I get the .so or static lib version of python boost?

Many thanks