From: Richard Hadsell (hadsell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-08 16:11:33

Dan Katz wrote:
> I took a look at the generated user-config.jam and found this:
>
> ------------------------------------
> # Boost.Build Configuration
> # Automatically generated by Boost configure
>
> # Compiler configuration
> using gcc ;
>
> # Python configuration
> using python : 2.2 : /usr ;
> ------------------------------------
>
> If I understand correctly, this means that boost will now be built with
> gcc (which is gcc-2.95) rather than the specified gcc-3.3.
>

> I imagine that I could fix this by going beyond the quick hack you
> described above and separating the toolsets for Boost.Jam and for
> Boost.Build in the configure script (perhaps introducing a TOOLSET_JAM
> variable or something). Is this the right way to go?

It's the way I use a non-default compiler:

# Compiler configuration
using gcc : 3.4.4 : /opt/gcc344/bin/g++344 : <compileflags>-fPIC <linkflags>-fPIC ;

You may not need the flags, but the version number and path to g++ are
probably necessary.

--
Dick Hadsell			914-259-6320  Fax: 914-259-6499
Reply-to:			hadsell_at_[hidden]