From: Tim St. Clair (timothysc_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-07-28 10:03:42

I usually use serialization w/program options, and I find it to be a clean
solution.

such as exe -i cfg_file.xml

where the input is a .xml serialization archive.

Otherwise you may want to checkout the link below:
http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_35_0/doc/html/program_options/howto.html#id1253208

Cheers,
Tim