From: Matthias Troyer (troyer_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-01 12:15:57

Hi Sebastian,

Indeed, the item version appeared in 1.34 even for primitive types,
and as you point out correctly, not as a BOOST_STRONG_TYPEDEF. At the
same time I optimized the array serialization, and with the two
developments going in parallel I missed this small change in 1.34, so
that while 1.35 and 1.34 are both compatible with all versions prior
to 1.33, they are not mutually compatible. For 1.36 it was decided to
have compatibility to 1.34 and earlier, and have the workaround for
1.35. It was too late to do any major change like you suggest, but my
plan for 1.37 is indeed to make this a BOOST_STRONG_TYPEDEF so that
it can be filtered, and actually to skip it for all non-versioned types.

I would recommend you to use the vector_135.hpp header for now.

Matthias