From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-08-14 12:53:42

Emil Dotchevski wrote:

> If either BOOST_NO_TYPEID or BOOST_EXCEPTION_DISABLE is defined,
> throw_exception.hpp reverts to its pre-1.36 behavior that does not
> require typeid. This does not disable exception handling, only
> disables Boost Exception, which is a new library introduced in 1.36.

Was this library ever subjected to a review? I suppose it must have been
but I didn't notice.

> As it is now, an old program that disables RTTI can not take advantage
> of Boost Exception.

> I guess the confusion stems from the name of the
> BOOST_EXCEPTION_DISABLE define. Unfortunately it's too late to rename
> it in time for the 1.36 release.

I understand that. Can it be adjusted in the next version so that the new
features the require
RTTI are enabled only if BOOST_NO_RTTI is not defined but that
it still works for the rest of us. Or do we have to sprinkle our own
#ifdef .. through our our code? Or now make our own private copy
of boost::exception to fix this?

Robert Ramey