From: Matthieu Brucher (matthieu.brucher_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-01 16:48:51

>> Meanwhile, I investigated the matter a little further. This symbole is
>> defined in the Boost unit test framework library, so it should have
>> been included in the object file. May it be a Visual Studio issue ?
>> Was Boost 1.36 tested with Visual Studio 2008 SP1 ?
>
> It would help if you translate the error message. Can you clarify again with
> object files have conflicts?

Every file has the issue if BOOST_TEST_DYN_LINK is not defined for the file.

> singleton<T>::instance is static method of the template defined in header file.
> Should be resolved by compiler.

That is what I thought as well.

> I don't have an access to this compiler at the moment, so can't reproduce this.
>
>> On a side note, there is no multi-file Boost.Test example.
>
> There is one: unit_test_example_09

Sorry I missed that one, although I tried to check every one. On a
side note, BOOST_TEST_MAIN must be defined so that the main() function
is instanciated, BOOST_TEST_MODULE is not enough (one could think so,
and I did, reading the content of test_example_09_2.cpp

Matthieu

--
French PhD student