From: lemmel (lem__mel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-03 13:48:25

> - Windows XP with Service pack 2
>- Application developed in native C++ using MS VS2005
>- Boost version 1.35, multithreaded, dynamically linked, installed boost using the installer from boost computing then decided to start from scratch with a "Hello World" console application . Deployed it on the test machine and it ran fine.

On your test machine, I assume there is no VCRedist for visual studio 2005 (it is mandatory, you can' t distribute the libs and your executable side by side) . You can switch to Visual studio 2008, for it allows to distribute the libraries with your executable.
(be careful, with the Visual Studio 2008 SP1 there is a bug in the Manifest generation, so read this : https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=361682).

If this doesn't settle your problem, then it is not with boost and its dependencies for it works for me (Visual Studio 2008 SP1 with boot 1.36).