Subject: [Boost-users] Updating my local boost.
From: Robert Jones (robertgbjones_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-19 06:25:54

I guess this question is more appropriate to the Subversion maillist, but I'm
not subscribed to that, so it might take upto 24 hours to appear
there. I'm hoping
someone here will know the answer!

My organisation maintains its boost libraries under its own Subversion
repository.
This strikes me as a bit odd, but no reason really why not AFAICS. However, the
version in our repository is 1.33.1, and I'd like to upgrade to latest
1.36 release.
Our network prevents me accessing the Boost subversion repository, so I have
to download the tarball and unpack.

Then what do I do? I basically want to overwrite our existing boost code with
the newer code, but maintain our local edit history so we can see what's changed
locally between our old boost code and new. Hence there are lots of additions,
changes and deletions, all of which I want to be able see (that's see
the differences
between our old code and new code, not all the individual boost commits). How
can I do this?

Thanks

- Rob.