Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Logging library
From: Roland Bock (rbock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-09-25 10:46:55

Boris wrote:
> What's nice about the Poco library (I just had a quick look at the
> documentation) that it seems to support various platform-specific
> logging facilities. That would be another strong reason for me to use a
> logging library instead of simply writing messages to a file myself.

Poco also has filters, splitters (for sending one message to various
sinks), log rotation with optional compression, asynchronous logging and
a lot of more stuff I haven't used yet. The features are quite cool. And
certainly a thousand times better than simply writing to a file...

I'd love to have that functionality "boostified" :-)

(Shame on me, I have not looked at http://boost-log.sourceforge.net/ in
detail, so I cannot really tell if that would meet my expectations)

Regards,

Roland