Subject: [Boost-users] [Python] rule python-extension unknown
From: Robert MacHardy (Robert.MacHardy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-10-09 11:24:34

Boost Users,

                I am trying to build the Hello World python example.
When I execute bjam I get the "rule python-extension unknown" error. I
believe this to be because my user-config.jam file is never being used.
The tutorial states to configure the rules in the user-config.jam file
in my home directory. My home directory is "C:\Documents and
Settings\robert.machardy". I did not find the file there, and this does
not appear to be the place for jam files. I found the file
user-config.jam in "C:\Program Files\boost\boost_1_36_0\tools\build\v2",
I edited it and copied to my home directory. I configured it for the
following:

# Configure specific msvc version (searched for in standard locations
and PATH).

 using msvc : 7.1 ;

 using python : 2.6 : C:\Program Files\Python26;

Please help.

Thank you,

Robert MacHardy