Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [dataflow]Component Library
From: Duane McKinney (duane.mckinney_at_[hidden])
Date: 2008-11-26 22:05:56

> I remember looking at GStreamer, and IIRC it gave me the impression
> that one could not build a C++ - only GStreamer app. I could be
> wrong, though - perhaps you can share your experience on this?

 From what I have done so far, it does not seem possible to be 100% C++.
On their mail lists, they say that it is possible, so that may just be
due to my lack of knowledge. I'm still a little new at c/c++. What I
have done is to use the standard GStreamer C code as a wrapper for my
C++ objects. So I end up with a C++ class that really does all the work.
What you are doing, seems very similar to GStreamer to me. Although it
is billed as a multimedia framework, it does not have to be audio/video
data. It will work with any mime type. It is just that what is already
there is geared towards. It would probably be worth taking a look at,
if you are seeking some ideas. The learning curve is a little steep,
but you can dive in pretty quickly with the basics.