Subject: [Boost-users] Linking Boost in Code::Blocks
From: mothdragon (mothdragon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-02-08 10:31:30

Okay, I've been trying to figure this out for a couple of weeks now... I'm
using Boost 1.37 on Ubuntu Hardy Heron with Code::Blocks 8.02, Programming
in C++....
Now, I'm rather new to Ubuntu, and just as much so programming in Ubuntu...
Well, I've been working on this project, and I've been cross-developing it
on Windows and Linux, but I've hit a hiccup once i've started using Boost...
All works great on Windows using MinGW and Code::Blocks, however I cannot
get the same code to run in Linux. The best I can think of is that there's a
problem with the linking.... I've added the include path, and the lib path
to the search directories, and I've added the
libboost_serialization-gcc42-mt-1_37.a to the list of libraries but for some
reason it still doesn't work...

I get the following error when I try to compile:

obj/Debug/Griffin RPG V2.o||In function `extended_type_info_typeid_1':|
/usr/include/boost/serialization/extended_type_info_typeid.hpp|77|undefined
reference to `boost::serialization::extended_type_info::self_register()'|
/usr/include/boost/serialization/extended_type_info_typeid.hpp|77|undefined
reference to `boost::serialization::extended_type_info::self_register()'|
/usr/include/boost/serialization/extended_type_info_typeid.hpp|77|undefined
reference to `boost::serialization::extended_type_info::self_register()'|
]+0x8)||undefined reference to
`boost::serialization::detail::extended_type_info_typeid_0::less_than(boost::serialization::extended_type_info
const&) const'|
]+0x8)||undefined reference to
`boost::serialization::detail::extended_type_info_typeid_0::less_than(boost::serialization::extended_type_info
const&) const'|
]+0x8)||undefined reference to
`boost::serialization::detail::extended_type_info_typeid_0::less_than(boost::serialization::extended_type_info
const&) const'|
||=== Build finished: 6 errors, 0 warnings ===|

I've looked everywhere I can think of and chatted on a few IRC's but I
haven't been able to get anywhere with this... Because of this I've had to
develop only on Windows (Yuck!) and not do any testing in Linux... I take
comfort in knowing though that once I get Boost operational, my code will
work in Linux too... ( probably better since Linux is so nice to me! )

I'd appreciate any help tat can be offered!