Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Timing of BoostPro 1.38 Installer?
From: Scott Meyers (usenet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-03-02 22:18:26

Bernhard Merkle wrote:
> IIRC, there is (and was never) no such thing as an installer. Most libs
> are header-only.
> About 9 libs or so have to be build (via jam). I did this successfully
> with VC++2005.

BoostPro Consulting offers an installer for Windows (
http://www.boostpro.com/products/free ) that tends to lag the official releases
by some time. I've built Boost under Windows before, but sometimes I've had
trouble (especially when I've wanted to build only parts of it), so I figured
that this time maybe I'd wait for the installer and do things the lazy way :-)

> BTW. I finally started the architecture analysis of some of the boost
> libraries ;-)

I'm sure I'm not the only one who looks forward to hearing your results :-)

Scott