Subject: Re: [Boost-users] boost coroutine status
From: Zeljko Vrba (zvrba_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-04-06 02:23:26

On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 01:15:00PM -0800, Robert Ramey wrote:

> a) When I try and build it, I get ConvertFiberToThread which looks to me
> that there is some bjam magic missing.

This was the main stumbling block for me. I got the package to work under
Win32, but the library calls ConvertFiberToThread and ConvertThreadToFiber on
every context switch, which was unacceptable to me for performance reasons.
The conversion is avoided if the thread has already been converted to a fiber,
but that has to be done manually, and *one* platform-specific call is as bad as
many. [This is all documented in the Details section of the manual.]

That said, the library is a nice start, but the implementation needs some
polishing, especially if you're after performance.

> b) I would like to look the documentation. But that's hard to do as it's in

You can find the HTML documentation here:
http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/soc/coroutine/