Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [iostreams][zip]
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-18 17:06:04

AMDG

Andrew Schweitzer wrote:
> Turns out first code worked as well --- branch just wasn't being
> entered. ECHO seems a pretty good way to debug jamfiles.

The first version will work as long as the value actually exists.

> Using ECHO I discovered that -NO_COMPRESSION=0 actually turns
> NO_COMPRESSION *on*. So just leaving out all NO_* defines from command
> line improves things.
>
> I did discover that bjam iostreams ... doesn't seem to create the
> libboost*.lib files... if I tack "stage" onto the end of the command
> line they *are* created... but everything is built, not just
> iostreams.... I must admit I find bjam fairly confusing.

bjam --with-iostreams stage ...

I believe that this is documented by
bjam --help
Incidentally, in 1.38, the files are created under bin.v2 regardless of
whether
you specify stage or not, if I remember correctly.

> So adding "stage" caused libboost* files to be created for zlib and
> bzip2... but now I get linking errors with bzip2. It complains that
> __thiscall boost::iostreams::detail::bzip2_base::~bzip2_base and
> several other functions in bzip2_base are not implemented...

It looks like these are defined in libboost_iostreams...

Can you check whether bzip2.cpp is actually being added to the
sources towards the bottom of the Jamfile?

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe