Subject: [Boost-users] Boost Serialization + Forward compatibility [was Re: boost::serialization and PHP websites]
From: Sohail Somani (sohail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-05-30 01:49:49

Robert Ramey wrote:
> Sohail Somani wrote:
>
>> Boost serialization currently does not elegantly handle forward
>> compatibility
>
> This would be doable if someone wanted to invest the effort. And
> this would not be a huge effort at least in comparison to
> the efforts required to implement a lot of the other features of the
> library.

How would this be done (without breaking backward compatibility)? It is
kind of late so admittedly it might be totally obvious in the morning.

I also notice you have not mentioned anything about the 70 billion
dollar bailout for the serialization library and spreading the wealth. I
assume the cheque's in the mail.

--
Sohail Somani
http://uint32t.blogspot.com