Subject: [Boost-users] Boost Software License implications for derivative works
From: Naik, Roshan (roshan.naik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-08-06 10:31:32

The Boost Software License (BSL) requires derivative works to include the text of the Boost License itself.

I am considering the use of the Boost preprocessor library (only) to implment certain parts of Castor <http://www.mpprogramming.com/cpp> (an open source C++ library) which is already covered under the MIT license.

My real concern is, by including the BSL text in Castor, I dont want it to look as if Castor is covered by BSL when it is actually covered by MIT license.

As Boost::pp would be used internally it would be shipped as part of the library.

Would it suffice if boost::pp headers were simply bundled as-is, along with the licensing text that appears at the top each header ? That way it would appear as if only those headers are covered by BSL and the rest of Castor is covered by MIT.

- Roshan