Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Already successfully running Boost on Linux, looking for advice from Windows Boost adopters
From: Ramon F Herrera (ramon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-14 18:10:42

I have a quick feedback. AFAIAC and with all due respect, Boost on the
Windows side is not ready for prime time.

As an example: I registered in the BoostPro site, downloaded the
installer and ran it. It looks spiffy: I got the choice to select among
the myriad Windows options (DLL, multi-thread, debug, etc.). I selected
"MSVC++ 2005" and yet got a hodgepodge of older and newer Visual Studio
solutions. The newer ones are not recognized my IDE.

Having said that, I am quite impressed by the BoostPro initiative, and
it is reassuring to see that the boost founders are part of it. I am
sure we will see great things from them.

As I grow old^H^H^H, err- wiser, I tend not to be on the "bleeding
edge". I definitely won't be among the cowboys up front fending the
indians (pardon: native Americans, but armed with arrows).

The Uni*x version builds and works great, though.

-Ramon "Never use version 1.0 of anything" Herrera