Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Already successfully running Boost on Linux, looking for advice from Windows Boost adopters
From: Michael Caisse (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2009-10-14 19:31:30

Ramon F Herrera wrote:

> I have a quick feedback. AFAIAC and with all due respect, Boost on the
> Windows side is not ready for prime time.
>
> As an example: I registered in the BoostPro site, downloaded the
> installer and ran it. It looks spiffy: I got the choice to select
> among the myriad Windows options (DLL, multi-thread, debug, etc.). I
> selected "MSVC++ 2005" and yet got a hodgepodge of older and newer
> Visual Studio solutions. The newer ones are not recognized my IDE.
>
> Having said that, I am quite impressed by the BoostPro initiative, and
> it is reassuring to see that the boost founders are part of it. I am
> sure we will see great things from them.
>
> As I grow old^H^H^H, err- wiser, I tend not to be on the "bleeding
> edge". I definitely won't be among the cowboys up front fending the
> indians (pardon: native Americans, but armed with arrows).
>
> The Uni*x version builds and works great, though.
>
> -Ramon "Never use version 1.0 of anything" Herrera

Ramon -

FWIW, there have been similar discussions on IRC about the BoostPro Windows package.
Boost on Windows works just fine. You are having issues with an installer.
Just download the official release (like you did for linux) and build it locally.
The process is not really painful and you will be better off in the long run.

If you have problems building just drop an email to the list or join us on IRC and
we will help you work through any issues.

Best regards -
michael

--
Michael Caisse