Subject: Re: [Boost-users] C++ and quality of software
From: Roman Perepelitsa (roman.perepelitsa_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-01-26 15:08:33

2010/1/26 joel falcou <joel.falcou_at_[hidden]>

> Even Stroustrup (in his last book if my memory is right) says that in some
>> limited environnements you just have to use a subset of C++. It's not bad,
>> it's flexibility.
>>
> I don't gringe that much on the no exveption rules, but the no ctor but
> init() method feels like 1980's bad C++ lessons.

What would you do if you had to do non-trivial (i.e. something that might
fail) initialization in constructor but you weren't allowed to throw an
exception? This rule is an obvious consequence of banning exceptions. And en
exception ban is a consequence of having hundreds of millions lines of
non-exception-safe code.

Roman Perepelitsa.