Subject: Re: [Boost-users] PropertyGraphConcept concept checking errors for an example implicit graph
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-06-25 11:30:16

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010, W.P. McNeill wrote:

> Thanks.  I figured out how that I needed to put a boost namespace around
> the whole specialization sometime last night, and after I did everything
> built correctly.  The mysterious non-scalar conversion error went away.
> Ultimately I think the source of my confusion lay in the fact
> that property graph concept types are defined in property_map structures
> while all other graph concept types are defined in graph  traits.  I was
> so in the habit of adding typedefs inside my graph class I overlooked
> the fact that property graphs do something else.
>
> In retrospect this is all clearly spelled out in the documentation, but
> if I was confused about it someone else probably will be too.  Hopefully
> my sample at http://github.com/wpm/Boost-Implicit-Graph-Example can
> prevent someone from going down the same path.

Would it be worthwhile to put your example (or a variant of it) into BGL's
example directory? To do that, you would need to license it under the
Boost license, and I might change the formatting and/or naming conventions
to fit BGL ones. Also, why are you using forward_iterator_helper rather
than iterator_facade?

-- Jeremiah Willcock