Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Default weight map doesn't work for weighted grid graph in A-star search
From: Jeremiah Willcock (jewillco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-07-01 14:01:16

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010, W.P. McNeill wrote:

> Compiling with
> https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/trunk/boost/graph/astar_search.hpp
> (r63472).  Looks like the same error.  I included a little more of the
> error spew in case it helps.
>
> One thing I'm confused about: what
> should weighted_grid::vertex_property_type be?  I didn't see anything in
> the a-star documentation about this type, but I had to add it in order
> to get things to compile this far.  Right now I've got it set
> to vertex_descriptor, though I get the same error if
> it's vertices_size_type.

I think that you shouldn't try to inherit from BGL graph types. There are
several traits classes that are used to look things up, and those do not
respect inheritance (i.e., graph_traits<derived> has no relationship to
graph_traits<base>). You should use a separate external property for your
weights or define a separate graph type (that may contain a grid_graph,
but has its own members/specializations for all of the traits).

-- Jeremiah Willcock