Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Is Boost-CMake Dead or Alive?
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-08-28 03:12:49

David Abrahams wrote:

> At Thu, 26 Aug 2010 13:41:46 -0400,
> Eric Niebler wrote:
>>
>> Even if we achieve our vision, it's not clear that Boost as an
>> organization will adopt it.
>
> <ahem>
>
> A small correction: even *when* we achieve our vision, there's no
> *guarantee* that Boost will adopt it.
>
> [But Boost will adopt it. Just promise not to sue us in case they
> don't :-)]

I find the above statement to be a very interesting advertisement approach
for a project that addresses requirements that were never discussed on
this list, and which itself was never discussed much. In fact, this statement
sounds like you have made some secret arrangements (*), or even that you had
some revelation from supernatural powers -- which is probably not what you
was going to communicate.

I think Eric statement is much more balanced.

- Volodya

(*) In fact, ryppl gave an impression of some secret arrangements from the
very start.