Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Bjam problem - again
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-23 11:46:32

Paul A. Bristow wrote:

> I've moved to a new machine, and I can run bjam jobs from trunk, but when I
> try to run sandbox jobs, I am baffled by this message.
>
> Unable to load Boost.Build: could not find build system.
> I:\boost-sandbox\boost-build.jam attempted to load the build system by
> invoking
>
> 'boost-build ;'

You need to either have BOOST_BUILD_PATH set in environemnt, or specified
as the argument to the above.

Alternatively, you can

1. Go to tools/build/v2
2. Run bootstap.bat
3. Run "./bjam install --prefix=whatever
4. Add whatever/bin to your PATH

in this way, no environment variables will have to be set, but then, you'd
have to repeat (3) every time Boost.Build is changed in a way you care
about.

- Volodya