Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Bjam problem - again
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2010-09-26 13:18:11

C:\Users\Paul>set boost
BOOST=i:/boost-trunk
BOOST_BUILD=I:\boost_1_44_0\tools\build\v2\build
BOOST_BUILD_PATH=i:/boost_1_44_0/tools/build/v2
BOOST_ROOT=I:\boost_1_44_0
BOOST_SANDBOX=i:\boost-sandbox
BOOST_TRUNK=i:\boost-trunk

And everything works as expected.

The cause, as usual, was embarrassing simple.

bjam os.environ calls are CASE SENSITIVE, whereas Microsoft is 'don't care'
<curse> ... </curse>.

So showing the environment variables from DOS box was misleading me into
thinking I had set them correctly.
(jamfiles in boost-trunk didn't use environment variables, so didn't care
either...).

In retrospect, I might have suspected this sooner, but hindsight is
wonderful clear, but

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you
know for sure that just ain't so."
Mark Twain

A warning to use only UPPERCASE might keep others from plopping into this
pit.

But thanks.

Paul

---