Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [context review] Review starts today, Mars 21st 2011
From: Michael Caisse (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-20 23:00:14

On 03/20/2011 06:18 PM, Nat Linden wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 20, 2011 at 8:18 PM, Vicente BOTET<vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>

>> The review of Oliver Kowalke Context library starts today Mars 21st 2011, and will end on Mars 30th.
>>
>> I really hope to see your vote and your participation in the discussions on the Boost DEVELOPMENT mailing lists!
>> WARNING !!!!!!!!!!!!! Only on the Boost DEVELOPMENT mailing lists
>>
> :-(
>
> I am not presently on the development mailing list; I am reluctant to
> register because keeping up with the boost-users list already takes a
> surprising amount of my time.
>
> I have opinions and a bit of experience with the topic area of this
> library, and I was planning to submit a review. But I feel rebuffed.

Nat -

I have seen this instruction in a few reviews of late. It is very
unfortunate. I believe it is in direct contradiction to the lively
discussion we have had at BoostCon on how to improve and foster
involvement during reviews. Those discussions always focus on the
importance of involving users of libraries and not just the developers
of libraries.

While many of us subscribe to both lists, I believe the consensus during
our "how to make boost better" type sessions for the past two years
always resulted in a desire to review libraries on both mail lists. I
understand and appreciate the complications that this causes for both
for the review manager and duplication of discussion threads in general;
however, if the community is going to have separate dev and user lists
then it makes sense that the review will have to occur on both lists.

Since this plea of one-list-posting has recently surfaced for a couple
reviews, it would be helpful if the Review Wizards could chime in with
some uniform policy that makes sense for the community. (Thank you
Wizards for your time and dedication to the process).

michael

--
Michael Caisse
Object Modeling Designs