Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [asio] iPad: resolver fails on a "fresh" 3G
From: Igor R (boost.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-19 04:33:35

> Switch "airplane mode" off and on does not establish a "3G connection".
>

> You may active a PDP context before call tcp::resolver::query(connect internet)..
<...>
> Maybe iOS active a PDP context for you when you first use the TCP protocol, so
> You will wait and re-try.

Oh, I see...
Actually, I found out that it's not a matter of connection attempts -
even if I do nothing but wait about a minute, and then try to resolve,
it succeeds immediately. So the iPad probably sets-up PDP context
automatically, but it takes some time.
The only question now is why the browser is able to connect faster than my app.