Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Serialization: how to port binary archivescontaining NAN created with version 1.43 to version 1.47?
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-20 14:02:18

Pfligersdorffer, Christian wrote:
> Hi Terry, you might want to check out our eos portable archives from:
> https://github.com/boost-vault/serialization
>
> Because of a user request we support serialization of nan and inf.
> The official boost archives don't, as you already found out.

I just looked at the page. It looks very interesting to me. When
I have some time, I will be investigating which of these might
be included in the boost distribution of the serialization library.

Note that serialization of individual libraries such as tuple
bitset etc. is not part of the serialization library itself but rather
part of the particular library. (Obviously it's not scalable for
me or anyone else to implement serialization for every other
possible type.) So these should be pitched to the the maintainers
of these other packages.

Robert Ramey