Subject: [Boost-users] [Boost.Test]feature request to list testcase tree
From: Tan, Tom (Shanghai) (TTan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-08-25 01:41:38

I am a fan of Boost.Test. As a habbit, I organize my code this way:

// file: Foo.h

Class foo

{

                // implementations

};

#ifdef ENABLE_TEST

namespace test_cases

{

                BOOST_AUTO_TEST_CASE(foo_tests)

{

// test predicates of class foo

}

} //namespace test_cases

#endif

//end of file Foo.h

With this structure, I can always carry test cases with any class I
write, I just need to copy the file around. When I need to test it there
is a universal test main.cpp

//File test_main.cpp

#define BOOST_TEST_MAIN

#include <boost/test/unit_test.hpp>

#define ENABLE_TEST

#include "foo.h"

//#include other includes

//End of File test_main

This pattern has helped me to use TDD easily.

The only issue is that test cases are scattered among each header files.
Usually I do not know exactly how many test cases/suites are included.

If there is a {--list|-l } option to print a tree of registered test
suites and test cases, so that one can quickly look them up here and
filter the test cases to be run, it would be a great feature.