Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Why is there so much co-dependency in Boost? Is there anything to be done about it?
From: Chris Cleeland (chris.cleeland_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-04 13:36:10

On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 12:43 AM, steve_at_[hidden]
<steve_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> **
>
> Right now I'm working for a company that worries a lot about negative
> exposure to Open Source software issues such as questions that might arise
> about authorship, copyright or even patent issues. The company does allow
> the use of Open Source software, but it requires that each piece of code
> that is brought in first be justified and vetted. Unfortunately, I'm
> finding this to be a nearly impossible task when I look at the amount of
> code that must be compiled to use the Boost modules I'm interested in.

The Boost license is pretty liberal as well as being pretty explicit. I've
been at a number of companies where they've had their legal teams vet the
license terms and, as long as license terms pass muster, the code is
welcome from a legal perspective.

--
Chris Cleeland