Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [fusion, phoenix, spirit2] C++ orientation
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-02-24 11:26:16

On 2/24/2013 5:27 AM, Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> On 24/02/13 04:56, Michael Powell wrote:
>
>> I don't know if that makes any sense to anyone. It's all very
>> conceptual, very abstract, at this stage of the game. I know, or have a
>> sense, exactly how I might do it in C#, .NET 4, and so on. A little less
>> so what's available in C++, much less boost, spirit, phoenix, fusion,
>> etc.
>
> Boost is a collection of C++ libraries. Albeit there are libraries on
> various subjects, what it covers is fairly little when compared to .NET,
> and it isn't as consistent.

Are you implying this of Boost libraries in general ? If so I beg to
differ. Boost libraries cover more than .Net libraries do in the realm
of general purpose programming. The .Net API very nicely covers APIs
specific to Windows programming and some general purpose APIs, but not
nearly so much as Boost does of the latter.

I do not mean to start an opinion war but I think your reply above gives
the OP the wrong idea about the strengths of Boost libraries, especially
as he is new to Boost. And yes I have programmed in .Net ( both C# and
C++/CLI ) pretty extensively.