Subject: [Boost-users] VS2012 C4503 warning (decorated name length exceeded, name was truncated) with boost 1.52
From: Richard (legalize+jeeves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-05 18:32:24

I'm using boost 1.52.

If you see this thread on stack overflow:
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9669071/warning-c4503-when-using-pragma-warning-around-boost-includes>

You'll see a comment down at the bottom where someone has increased
the warning level for their project and they are getting tons of these
C4503 warnings when using boost includes.

I have verified on my project that if I don't change the warning
level and don't specifically disable this warning project-wide, then
including using boost in my project does not generate the warning.

However, if I increase the warning level beyond the default, to 3 in
my case whereas the poster on stack overflow had used 4, then I get
the warning.

I, like the commenter on stack overflow, would like to know if there's
a boost-friendly way to tell boost to disable the warning for boost
headers where the boost authors have decided it's innocuous, while
still retaining the high warning setting for my own code.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

     The Computer Graphics Museum <http://computergraphicsmuseum.org>
  Legalize Adulthood! (my blog) <http://legalizeadulthood.wordpress.com>