Subject: Re: [Boost-users] VS2012 C4503 warning (decorated name length exceeded, name was truncated) with boost 1.52
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-03-06 05:28:39

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/wiki/Guidelines/WarningsGuidelines

contains the sum of accumulated wisdom on this annoying (and complicated) issue.

The general idea is to bracket warning-disables around things that the Boost author has decided are
unhelpful warnings - for each compiler.

In theory, you should be able to use the same technique in your code, but in practice you may find
it tricky/tiresome.

If you think that the Boost author has not disabled and restored, or not restored the warning level
after doing his bit, you could submit a ticket 'complaining'

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/newticket

But don't expect a quick response on what many regard as a trivial issue - though when you get hit
with a blizzard of warnings, it may seem less than trivial to you ;-)

Good luck!

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,