Subject: Re: [Boost-users] [Chrono] IO formatting doc minimal/ missing/ appears not to match the actual code base
From: Vicente J. Botet Escriba (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-09-03 17:55:45

Le 03/09/15 17:03, Hickman, Steve (AdvTech) a écrit :

Hi and thanks for catching all these issues.
> As of at least Boost 1.58 / 1.59 (possibly earlier), the documentation for Boost.Chrono V2 IO appears to be out of synch with the actual libraries in the following ways:
>
> 1) Header file names to include as described in the doc don't match the file names actually available to include. I was unable to find <boost/chrono/io/ios_state.hpp>. I did find <boost/chrono/io/ios_base_state.hpp> but it appears to include things not described in the doc for <boost/chrono/io/ios_state.hpp>.
I will change the filename. Does the file includes everything included
in the doc? If not, what is missing?
Is there something in the file that you want to be documented as public?

> 2) Some format tags are listed as 'unsupported', but there is no description of what that means. Does it mean they are ignored? Does a string still match (which means the input reader will move past those bytes)?
I don't reach to locate "unsupported". Please could you be more precise?
> 3) I was able to find some examples in chrono\test\io . It would be nice if the tutorial made reference to these as a source of additional info.
I will try it.

> 4) There appear to be a number of interfaces whose doc appears to consist only of what is embedded in the header files (or I just didn't find the doc for them): time_point_get, etc. Not being familiar with how facets work, I'm not certain if I should be using these directly or not.
  a facet that can be used the same way as std::num_get. I will add some
examples on how to use it.

> It would be *really nice* if this were updated. More doc is always better. :)
I'm not a writer :(
Any help is welcome. It would be great if you can create Trac tickets
so we track them?

Thanks again,
Vicente