Subject: Re: [Boost-users] Trouble Updating Boost to run OpenFOAM
From: Blair Climenhaga (blairclimenhaga_at_[hidden])
Date: 2016-06-10 14:00:09

Hello everyone,

Firstly I would like to thank everyone who provided me with help yesterday. Moving forward with advice given as well my own readings of the problem I have been able to download and install boost 1.61.0 to my /usr directory. However while attempting to install OpenFOAM the error message shown below appears.

undefined reference to `boost::detail::set_tss_data(void const*, boost::shared_ptr<boost::detail::tss_cleanup_function>, void*, bool)'

I believe it has something to do with how libraries are linked, however I do not have enough experience in the subject to say for certain.

To assist in your understanding of the problem I have attached two .txt files, with the first containing the terminal readout from the installation process of boost 1.61.0 and the other containing the terminal readout while attempting to install OpenFOAM. If anyone has any experience with these problems, has a theory of what is happening, or has advice on how to resolve the issue, I would deeply appreciate the help.

All the best,
Blair Climenhaga

P.s. I installed boost 1.61.0 using the following steps
1. Download and unzip boost 1.61.0 to a directory in /home
2. cd into the boost 1_61_0 directory
3. run ./bootstrap --prefix=/usr
4. run ./b2
5. run sudo ./b2 install