Subject: Re: [Boost-users] I ran b2 with the -d+2 command and redirected the output to a file
From: degski (degski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-01-06 08:00:55

The output from b2 is in the boost-build.log file. Note the fact that it's
saying that "/permissive-" is an extra argument. I was trying to turn on
MSVC's standards-conformance mode. How do I do this when building Boost
using MSVC without getting this error?

b2 doesn't like the dash [-] at the end of permissive [it assumes it's the
begin of another flag]. I'm just making this up here, but try to
double-quote it. ""/permissive-"", maybe that works, I don't know. If not,
you should write to the developer-list: boost_at_[hidden], as in that
case, this needs a fix in the b2-code [as it seems you do it right], or
maybe one of the resident gurus knows another way to get that to pass.

degski

--
*“If something cannot go on forever, it will stop" - Herbert Stein*