From: Adder (adder.thief_at_[hidden])
Date: 2019-11-24 15:45:28

On Thu, Oct 10, 2019, 15:46 David Demelier via Boost-users <
boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:

Le 08/10/2019 à 18:52, Mateusz Loskot via Boost-users a écrit :
> >> 1. This essentially means library maintainers are choosing to maintain
> >> at least 2 build systems (bjam for overall boost build, + whatever
> >> preferential build system they use for the library itself).
> >
> > It is not as difficult or time consuming as one may think.
>
> No offense but who on earth except Boost really use bjam by choice?

For me, Boost Build is more scalable, better designed, encouraging a saner
workflow and file organization, more ambitious, and easier to understand
than other build systems I have used.

I personally think there is much to learn from working with it.

I hope one day we can make it work a little faster and allow users to
override dependence-or-independence of specific targets on specific
features/properties.

But still, I love Boost Build.