From: Gavin Lambert (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2021-08-17 00:44:24

On 17/08/2021 9:54 am, Alexander Tanseco wrote:
> I successfully built Boost in my directory c:\boost_1_77_0.
>
> After which, I set up my global variable boost with base
> c:\boost_1_77_0. For the built-in field lib, I
> entered c:\boost_1_77_0\stage\lib (see attached screenshot).

This is probably fine, but it seems likely that the intended usage is
that you'd set lib to just "stage\lib" since that's the relative path
from the base dir.

> For the program's build options, under Linker settings/Link libraries:
> $(#boost.stage.lib)

This needs to be the specific library names that you want to link, not
the path to them.

(If you were using MSVC then auto-link would supply these for you, but I
don't think the other compilers support this.)

> Under Search Directories/Compiler I entered $(#boost) and under Search
> Directories/Linker I entered $(#boost.stage.lib).

This, on the other hand, presumably needs to be $(#boost.lib), not
$(#boost.stage.lib).

I don't use that IDE myself so I can't give you more specific help, but
the -L#$%&???WTF???&%$# path seems highly suspicious and it's probably
putting that in because you're trying to make an invalid variable
substitution.