Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] Spatial Indexes
From: Barend Gehrels (Barend.Gehrels)
Date: 2009-06-03 05:57:43

Hi Chris,

> Hi,
>
> While browsing for a spatial indexing library, I came across this
> boost SOC project
> (http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/SOC/2008/spacial_indexing/)
>
> Unfortunately, it seems abandonware. As it relies on GGL and is
> geometry related, wouldn'it be a good idea to incorporate it to GGL?
Good question. It is not abandoned but was indeed not yet taken over
into the previews. But it is recently incorporated in the trunk, at
least the rtree index, and will be part of next preview. It works fine
and speeds up results (though it should be revisited). If you want to
use it I would advise to change to the trunk in an agreed moment (such
that you can be confident that everything runs fine). Also because of
next point:

The polygon clipping problems seem to be solved now. Can you send me
some pictures of the situations going wrong in the old version? I can
then check if they are solved. It is still in progress but will be
finished and incorporated in the trunk soon (probably this weekend).

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net