Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] spatial index
From: Barend Gehrels (Barend.Gehrels)
Date: 2009-07-24 05:31:48

Hi,

I revisited the spatial index and found that the Point
template-parameter is hardly used, and can be anything.
In rtree_node and rtree_leaf it is not used at all, in rtree it is used
but directly calls Box there, so in fact it does not bring any
functionality.

If something like that would be there, it would be good to have a
template method there, such as

template <typename Geometry>
inline void insert(Geometry const& key, Key const& key)
{
    // calling ggl::envelope to get the box, and inserting that Box/key
}

Is it OK to remove the Point template parameter and methods? Chris, are
you using it? Federico, am I disturbing your plans if I do this?

If I remove it, I will also do the (agreed) double-name-removal, such
that

    ggl::index::rtree::rtree<box, void, int> (void stands here for the
point-type...)

will then be

    ggl::index::rtree<box, int>

Regards, Barend