Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: [ggl] space partitioning
From: Barend Gehrels (barend.gehrels)
Date: 2010-08-17 13:04:24

hi Adam,
> I'd like to implement kd-tree, quadtree/octree/... and regular grid
> because these are data structures I've been playing with. Is it ok? Or
> maby should we design one spacial index?
For your information, Federico (the student who built the indexes in
2008) did implement a quadtree implementation as well. It is not yet in
the extension folder, because I didn't rework the
conventions/namings/etc, but I can provide it of course. Yes it is good
to add the things that are available. I just forgot after a while.

I think it would be good if there is one library "interface" (Concept)
with some different implementations. However, the r-tree implementation
which is currently there does not follow this.

> Btw, do you plan to have some generic linear algebra in the library?
There is some which might be given that name, but note that there is (at
least one) another library being developed within Boost. That is a very
promising one and I hope it is reviewed soon.

http://www.revergestudios.com/boost-la/

As soon as that is sure, we might use that library for our vector/matrix
calculations (also instead of the uBlas we're currently using).

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net