Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] Using Boost::Geometry along with an older Boost version
From: Stephan Menzel (stephan.menzel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2012-09-26 04:06:16

I guess this is a common problem.
Myself, I am working inside an application environment that links
against boost 1.43 and is not going to update. Since I am working
extensively with recent boost versions I found myself forced to try to
create an "overlay", a set of header only boost libs that I can safely
put over the old one without any side effects. This also includes
geometry and I'm having this combo now with 1.43 and 1.51.

Here's the contents of my overlay dir:

$ ls -la
total 173
any.hpp
bimap
bimap.hpp
call_traits.hpp
config
config.hpp
detail
foreach.hpp
foreach_fwd.hpp
fusion
geometry
geometry.hpp
iterator
iterator.hpp
limits.hpp
mpl
msm
multi_index
multi_index_container.hpp
multi_index_container_fwd.hpp
numeric
parameter
parameter.hpp
phoenix
phoenix.hpp
preprocessor.hpp
proto
ref.hpp
spirit
spirit.hpp
tuple
type.hpp
type_traits
type_traits.hpp
typeof
utility
utility.hpp
variant
variant.hpp
xpressive

Probably lots more than you need but this combination is known to work.

Cheers,
Stephan