Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] breaking change on transform strategies
From: Bruno Lalande (bruno.lalande_at_[hidden])
Date: 2013-11-30 16:27:11

Hi Bernhard,

What I do not yet understand, is why there are two dimension parameters. If
> this can indeed be used with different source and target dimensions, then I
> think the documentation should explain what happens if the dimensions are
> unequal, because I cannot think of a "standard" behaviour for that.

Yep, I seem to remember having seen that in the code - it's possible and
valid to have a 2D and a 3D point. Not sure how it's handled, Barend can
probably explain. Barend, given such a usage is quite infrequent maybe we
can make the 2nd one optional? (i.e. equal to the first one by default)

Regards
Bruno

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net