Boost logo

Geometry :

Subject: Re: [geometry] [Boost-users] how to using UDT
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-13 16:48:53

Hi Olaf,

Olaf Peter wrote On 13-6-2014 20:11:
> Hello,
>
> I try to catch some failures using an own user defined type (UDT), but
> it doesn't compile e.g. it's hardcoded to use std::sqrt:
>

> boost_1_55_0/boost/geometry/strategies/cartesian/distance_pythagoras.hpp:165:13:
> error: no matching function for call to 'sqrt(core::my_type<double>)'

Indeed. We're currently fixing that.

> further, is there a way to adapt templated points?
>
> BOOST_GEOMETRY_REGISTER_POINT_2D(point_type,
> point_type::coordiante_type, bg::cs::cartesian, x, y)

Yes, it is possible but we don't have a macro for that. You can
specialize your traits (5 traits) manually. For templates that is often
convenient, to return the corresponding coordinate type.

See c07_custom_ring_pointer_example.cpp from the examples folder.

Regards, Barend

Geometry list run by mateusz at loskot.net